Details on the CSV format for imports into Ofsys.
Your CSV files should be formatted according to the RFC 4180 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4180.txt).
The major points are:
• The fields must be separated by a comma (,)
• If a field can contain commas, the values of this field must be double-quoted (“some,value”). In all the other cases double quotes are not required, but do not represent an error.
• If double-quotes are used to enclose fields, then a double-quote appearing inside a field must be escaped by preceding it with another double quote. For example: "a value with ""double-quotes"" ".
• The fields of type 'Date' must follow the format yyyy.MM.dd
• The fields of type 'Datetime' must follow the format yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm
• The file must be encoded using UTF-8 with BOM (the BOM is mandatory)
• If the size of your CSV file is over 1MB, you can accelerate the file transfer by compressing your file. Only ZIP-compression can be used (no RAR or others). The resulted ZIP file should only contain ONE CSV file, without any directories.
PS: Also, all the MS Excel formats are supported. It can be more convenient for manual imports of relatively small quantities of data.